A coalition of Ferguson protesters have released the following demands:
1. A swift and impartial investigation by the Department of Justice into the Mike Brown shooting, and expanded DOJ investigation into civil rights violations across North St. Louis County.
2. The immediate arrest of Officer Darren Wilson
3. County prosecutor Bob McCulloch to stand down and allow special prosecutor to be appointed.
4. The firing of Ferguson Police Chief Tom Jackson.
5. Accountability for police practices and policies, including effective civilian review of shootings and allegations of misconduct.
6. The immediate de-escalation of militarized policing of protestors to protect constitutional rights.
7. The immediate release of individuals who have been arrested while attending a protest.
There wasn’t much in the report about the coalition: it appears to be made up of locals, primarily of youth. They are also calling for nationwide class walk-outs of university students.
If you’re planning such a walk-out in Richmond, or anywhere in Virginia, please let us know.
#model #makeup #goth #gorgeous #morticiaaddams #best #black #f4f #follow #fashion #followme #bestresource #theaddamsfamily #wow #photooftheday #sexy #anjelicahuston #anjelicahouston #angelicahuston #angelicahouston #like #legend #like4like #idol #instacool #instalike #80likes
When #IfTheyGunnedMeDown Happens in Print:
Section from the Rolling Stone profile of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, one of two brothers who committed the Boston Marathon bombings vs section from the New York Times profile of Michael Brown, who was shot and killed by a Ferguson, Missouri police officer Darren Wilson.
Oh my god
When #IfTheyGunnedMeDown Happens in Print
Here is a side by side comparison of how The New York Times has profiled Michael Brown — an 18 year old black boy gunned down by police — and how they profiled Ted Bundy, one of the most prolific serial killers of all time.
Character Assassination:Mike Brown vs Ted Bundy wtf #NewYorkTimes!? #ferguson
It’s a tense night in Ferguson, but luckily no outbreak of violence.
This is still going on. Do not forget
Don’t let the media make you think this is over. Those last few tweets are from today!
These are dated August 24, 2014